Troubleshooting for Kidlogger for Windows
1. Verify please if Kidlogger application is running.
- Make a right click on the taskbar and launch the Task Manager.
- Go to tab Processes and find Kidlogger.exe If Kidlogger application is missing in this list, it means, that is was not launched by You, or was stopped by somebody or by something.
- If the application is running, go to article 4. If it is missing, but you know exactly, that you have launched it, go to arts 2 and 3.
2. Verify please, if any anti-virus software is installed on the computer.
- If yes, it can recognize the Kidlogger application as a virus or a spyware. Usually, in this cases an anti-virus application shows a notification on the screen.
- If this AV application has a list of exceptions, add Kidlogger.exe and Kidlog.dll to this list.(you can find them in Program files\Kidlogger\) If this list is missing, unfortunately, you need to uninstall either kidlogger or antivirus application.
3. Application was turned off or removed by target user.
- Very often our children are mastering the computers and phones more quickly than we are doing it, so there is no hope that they will never find out, that we are looking after them. You need to launch the application and verify, is Start button active or not. If yes, it means, that application was stopped by the user. To hide the application, go to article F.
4. Verify, if Internet connection is ON.
- For good sending of the log files, your PC must be permanently connected to the Internet. If you are connecting only periodically, you will be able to view the user’s activity only on this computer, i.e. not from a distance.
- To view the log files and screenshots, launch Kidlogger application, click on the button “View current log” or “open log folder”. Here you can find the folders of users, who you supervise, and inside it - journal files with .html extension, audio files with .mp3 extension and screenshots (.jpg images).
- Verify please in Kidlogger Options, if this feature is switched on or not. Configure the settings, you need. Then you need to restart the application. On Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 you need to run this application as administrator. (Right click on the icon - > Run as administrator).
- Probably, too high threshold for your microphone was installed. Launch please Kidlogger application, Options, Sound recorder. Put the slider in extreme left position, select your microphone and make a test of sound recording.
D. I can not see the name of desired user on main window of Kidlogger. There are Active Directory users in my system.
- Open please the Options of Kidlogger application. On tab General check the option “Log any user on this PC“.
- If the test of connection was successful, an icon of your device must become green. If it is not so, reload the page of the browser (F5 button on Windows keyboard). If even after that, this icon have not change it's color to green, it means, you insert the wrong ID in ID field. Try again.
- After the installing and configuring of the application, make the following:
- Click on Stop logging button.
- Remove the icon of application from the desktop.
- Remove the icon of application from the Start menu.
- Find the application in folder Program files\Kidlogger\Kidlogger.exe.
- Rename it, for example in explarer.exe or give it other name with .exe extension.
- To remove the application from the list of installed applications, launch the regedit application and find a key with name Teslain KidLogger_is1 or Monitoring Agent_is_1 in Uninstall folder and remove it.
- Move the folder Kidlogger from Program files anywhere in other place and launch the application again from there.
- Kidlogger application shows all the symbols, a user insert from his keyboard, and even those, that user have inserted by a mistake, and will erase in future. Because of kidlogger uses the clipboard of keyboard, it can not find out, where one line is finishing and begins a new one. So, sometimes two lines are connected together. But we continue to improve the application, and, hope, soon will be possible to separate the different sentences.
- Kidlogger does not record all the clipboard, but only first 50 symbols.
- To make changes in Kidlogger' options, run it please, as administrator. (Right click on it's icon > Run as administrator.)
- Open please Program files\Kidlogger\ folder. There must be kidlog.dll file. It can be erased or blocked by some antivirus programs. If so, You need to reinstall kidlogger application and add it to the list of exception of your AV program.
- On session start Kidlogger usually writes the following:
08:19 New session for User. (user means the name of user account)
Then it makes a photo of the user, using computer's web camera.
To assign it, you need to Launch Kidlogger on local computer, Click Options, Screen capture, Make web camera photo after user resume working -> On.