How to install and use Kidlogger for Windows
- Download KidLogger monitoring agent from Download page of the site.
- Unzip the package. Make a right-click on the package and select "Extract all.." command.
- Password is 12345;
- Run monitoring_agent.exe as administrator(perform right-click and select Run as administrator).
- Open KidLogger by selecting it from the Start Menu or Desktop(Run as administrator).
- On main window select users, you want to monitor.
- Click Options in the program's main window.
- On tabs General, Sound recorder, Screen capture select the type of activity you want to track.
- Return to KidLogger main window, click Start logging
- Now monitoring of target computer begins.
Connecting KidLogger application with your account on KidLogger.net allows to view all user activity online on KidLogger.net and also generate various reports on User Activity.
Please note: when the application is connected to KidLogger.net it will upload all activity journal and screenshots to KidLogger.net storage allocated for your account and accessible only by you.
How to connect it:
- Register your free web account on kidLogger.net.
- Launch KidLogger application on target device as administrator(Right-click on its icon->run as administrator).
- Click Options in the program's main window --> open KidLogger.net tab.
- Choose Connect to your Kidlogger.net account.
- In the field Enter your e-mail or device ID enter the e-mail address, you used for registartion.
- Press Connect to account
- The server will generate new device ID, which will be automatically inserted into this field.
To connect KidLogger application to existing virtual device, insert its device ID into the field. Press Connect to account.
Login back to your KidLogger.net account and watch the data.
If you want to rename the the device, click on icon with a pencil, but don't rename the ID.
Video: KidLogger and KidLogger Pro for Windows
- Open KidLogger (Start -> Programs -> KidLogger)
- Click "Stop logging".
- Open KidLogger (Start -> Programs -> KidLogger)
- Click "View current log"
- Click "Open log folder" to see screenshots for each day.
Log files are separated by date. They can be HTML files, mp3 files or screenshots. KidLogger creates a separate folder for log files of each user account. This logger presents logs in a user-friendly manner – HTML files.
KidLogger folder with user accounts and activity history.
- Log files and screen captures may take up to 200 Mb of your disk space.
- Log in your Windows user profile.
- Launch Kidlogger application as administrator.
- In main window, select desired users.
- Open Options, and uncheck Log any user on this PC in first tab.
- Assign the password for control panel launching.
- If you need to monitor the current user too, select Connect to your Kidlogger.net account on Kidlogger.net tab and write your e-mail address into Your e-mail settings filed. Click Connect to account. The new virtual device will be created in your personal account on Kidlogger.net server, with the name of current user.
- Restart the monitoring in main window.
- Log out your Windows account and log in your child's account on this computer. Desirable, it not to have administrative rights. It prevents your child to uninstall Kidlogger application.
- In child's account launch KidLogger application ordinary way, not as administrator.
- Open application options and, in Kidlogger.net tab, into Your e-mail settings field fell-in your e-mail address again. Click Connect to account. The new virtual device will be created in your user profile on Kidlogger.net server, with name on your child.
- Log out and do the same for all user accounts of your children.
- Open KidLogger application and click "Stop logging"
- Close the application.
- Delete 'Kidlogger' folder from the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Kidlogger or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Kidlogger.
- Delete Kidlogger icon from the desktop and KidLogger folder from Start menu (find it, right click > Delete)
- To make KidLogger invisible in Task Manager – rename KidLogger.exe file to “Explarer.exe”
- Open C:\Program files\Kidlogger\
(On Windows x64 - C:\Program files (x86)\Kidlogger\)
- select KidLogger.exe > right click > Rename
- To make it invisible in Uninstall list - delete Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Teslain KidLogger_is1(Monitoring_agent_is1). On 64-bit system find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Teslain KidLogger_is1.
- Move folder "c:\program files\KidLogger" into another folder, but not on system disk. You can rename the folder too. Now run explarer.exe again. Configure the application again, and press start monitoring button.
Note: You can give it another name, not only 'explarer.exe', but extension must be '.exe'
For users, who have Professional account, is possible to download and install Kidlogger PRO for Windows. In this application all settings are already configured for hidden monitoring. Read more..
KidLogger is detected by some antivirus software like spyware or malware. Spyware and monitoring application seem to have much in common, since both softwares deal with recording user activity on a computer. But KidLogger is not a spyware, and the overall user activity log is kept on KidLogger server in perfect security and is accessed and used solely by registered members for their own needs (and as it has been stated in previous sections, this software is intended only for legal use). So, if you face the issue when your antivirus software detects KidLogger as spyware or malware, go ahead and change the settings in your antivirus program (list it in exceptions/search in Google how to do it).
- First you need to stop the monitoring. Launch the application and click on Stop button.
- You can as well start Task Manager, find Kidlogger process and stop it.
- After that launch Control panel, Uninstall a program, find the Kidlogger in application list and click on Uninstall button or link.
1. Open TasK Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del)
Find process named "Explarer" and End this process.
2. Delete kidlogger portable files.
- Click Win+R and copy paste
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
- Find "Explarer" folder and delete it