Troubleshooting for Kidlogger for Android:
- Kidlogger application records the user activity during all the day, and sends it by piecemeal to the Kidlogger.net server. For successful sending it needs Internet connection. If after the last connection and before the end of this day a user was making something with his phone, this activity will be recorded, but will not be sended to the server.
- From the beginning of the new day, Kidlogger will start the recording of new log file. This file will be sended to the server. What can we do? If you are far away from a person, you are looking after, Ask him(her) before the midnight to Enter the Internet from his phone and to send you a letter through the Skype or other messenger.
- If you are near, and have an access to this device, launch please kidlogger application, press the button “View log file”, and you will see the whole journal and media-files, stored on the phone for last 5 days.
- Verify please, if you have activated TalkBack instead of TalkBackTS. If it is not so, switch off the TalkBackTS, then launch it again.
- Sometimes, especially on Android4, a phone is telling out only the menu page. Unfortunately, we can not change here anything. Android finds out, that a program from accessibility is on and turns on some functions from this section. A fact, that on majority of devices this bug is absent, makes us consider, that it is a bug of Android configuration. It happens even on expensive, brand phones and tablets.
- Verify please, if you have installed TalkBackTS from the same package as Kidlogger application.
- Then you need to open the Settings of Android, Accessibility, TalkBackTS - > ON.
- Audio records is possible to hear only if you have installed Kidlogger PRO. It is impossible to hear audio files from Android devices directly from the server. You can download it to your computer and hear them with standard media player. If downloaded files have .html extension, you need to rename it (change the extension to .3gp).
- If some files is impossible to hear, probably they was damaged during the Wi-Fi transmission. Try to find then on SD card of your phone in .callrecords hidden folder. If you can not find them even in .callrecords folder, probably your phone is overloaded with applications, and Kidlogger application can not access the phone’s memory. Remove other applications, that you don’t need.
- On some devices is impossible to record the calls at all. This shows itself as static noise in audio records. It can be caused by wrong configuration of Android, or by rivalry between applications, that record the voice calls.
- If a phone doesn't record both voices, you must know, that is existing a politics of Google for Android 4.x, that disallows recording the voice from the speaker. Some phone manufacturers don't respect this politics, and, on some phones is possible to hear both voices, using Kidlogger PRO. For example: Lenovo A820(Android4.1.2), Feiteng i9300(Android 4.1.1). However, this possibility depends of Android configuration, not of the type of a smartphone.
If you want to buy a smartphone for your child, and install Kidlogger PRO on it, don't buy it through the Internet, visit phone shop. Here you can install Kidlogger PRO and verify, if both voices are recorded. All the records are in .callrecord hidden folder on SD card or in internal memory of the phone.
- Verify please in Kidlogger Settings, if this feature is switched on or not. Configure the settings, you need. Some menus have sub-menu. Then you need to restart the application.
F. I can not see all the photos.
- Only Kidlogger PRO records the photos and sends them to the server. A simple kidlogger for Android records only a fact that a photo has been taken.
- If on target phone or tablet is installed KidloggerPRO, you need to know, that Kidlogger application doesn’t record and send the photo immediately. During the sleeping mode of the phone, it prepares a small copy of a photo and writes it in .callrecords folder on SD card. After that, when Internet connection appears, it sends them to the server.
- So, if a photo has been taken, but deleted from the phone before it falls in sleeping, it will be not sended. If .callrecords folder was deleted by a mistake, the same thing.
- If on target phone was installed any other application, that catches incoming SMS, Kidlogger application may not have access to them.
- Html files of logs are stored in phone's internal memory. You don't need to erase it manually, because they are erasing automatically after 5 days.
- Assign your phone to use GPS coordinates.
- on Android 4.1:
Launch Settings of Android, Location services, GPS satellites -> on
- on Android 4.2:
Launch Settings of Android, Location access, Access to my location->on, GPS satellites -> on.
- Kidlogger PRO needs much more memory than simple Kidlogger application. During the working of a big application or during the calls, the phone's memory becomes full, and Android stops the application. But, when the phone's memory becomes free, Kidlogger PRO is restarting automatically.
- To avoid the showing of this notification, launch Android settings, Applications, Kidlogger PRO. Uncheck the option Show notifications.